Creamy Guava Pecan Shrimp
1 Cup Guava Marmalade
1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
2 tbsps. Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 tsp Honey
1 Egg Beaten
1 Cup Cornstarch
1/2 Cup Crushed Pecans
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Water
Salt & Pepper
1 Cup Oil
- Heat water and sugar in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and add chopped pecans. Place the nuts on parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the guava marmalade, mayonnaise, honey and sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl and set aside.
- Toss the shrimp in beaten egg and season with salt and pepper.
- Coat the shrimp with cornstarch and add to the hot oil. Fry until golden on both sides. Remove from oil and onto a plate with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Mix the shrimp and pecans into the guava mixture until evenly coated.