This is a very easy to make vegan and gluten free granola recipe. You can easily adjust ingredients and portions to create a variety of granola recipes. This is a recipe guide. Think of it as a formula. Two cups of oats, 2 cups of crunch and 1/2 cup of something to bind it all together. Replace the almonds with your nut preference and replace the pumpkin seeds with the seed of your choice. You can also use more of the nuts and less of the seeds or vice versa. Instead of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, use coconut oil or whatever oil you have on hand. You can use honey or maple syrup instead of the brown rice syrup. Add in a variety of dried fruit when you take it out of the oven. What will make it taste good to you? Play around with the ingredient combinations and make your own family favorite granola recipe.
Olive Oil Granola Recipe Vegan Gluten Free
This is a simple vegan granola recipe with Gluten Free Oats, Almonds, Pumpkin Seeds and Brown Rice Syrup. With a few easy tweaks, you can have dozens of tasty variations.
- 2 cups Gluten Free Oats
- 1 cup Raw Almonds (halved)
- 1 cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice Syrup
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Fine Salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the brown rice syrup, extra virgin olive oil and salt together in a bowl. Mix well to combine the ingredients.
Add the gluten free oats, raw almonds halves and raw pumpkin seeds to the syrup/oil mixture and mix to combine.
Spread mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and stir the mixture.
Return to the oven and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
1. Measure the olive oil before measuring the brown rice syrup. The oiled measuring cup will help the brown rice slide right out instead of sticking.
2. Halved Almonds are a preference. This recipe will work with whole almonds or roughly chopped almonds as well.
3. Use a good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil. This granola has EVOO flavor so make sure it’s a flavor you enjoy!
4. Remember that ovens and conditions vary from kitchen to kitchen. Watch your granola while it’s in the oven. It may need a few minutes less or a few minutes more to reach your desired level of toastiness.